[Xen-users] Strange issue with 2.6.32.12 booting

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Strange issue with 2.6.32.12 booting
From: "Ian Tobin" <itobin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 08:50:59 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 19 May 2010 00:52:17 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

Im having a weird problem where by when i boot up the server,  sometimes it will not detect all of my software raid1 drives and will therefore not boot up any DomUs as it cannot find the LVM volumes.

I have

Md0  /boot

Md1  /

Md2  swap

Md3  LVM

Only md1 is detected.  I can then reboot and it will then find all 4 raid drives, then i could reboot again and it not find them all.  Interesting this only happens when booting in this kernel, i can use 2.6.18.8 fine.

Has anyone experience this issue or have any suggestions on a resolution?

Thanks in advance

Ian