[Xen-users] RHEL5.3 dom0 with Centos 5.4 and Centos 5.5 domU's

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] RHEL5.3 dom0 with Centos 5.4 and Centos 5.5 domU's
From: Joel Heenan <joelh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 18:41:18 +1000
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 01:42:47 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We wish to have a RHEL5.3 dom0 because this gives us support for our connections to the SAN and support from the managed hosting provider, but for licensing and management reasons are considering having CentOS 5.4 or 5.5 domU's.

My question is:

- Is it common to run a mixed environment like this?
- What are the potential pitfalls of mixing the two OS's?

My gut feeling is that it will "just work" but I don't know how common it is to run like this and we want to stay with the pack as much as possible.

Joel