Re: [Xen-users] using 4 lan cards how many bridges needed

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] using 4 lan cards how many bridges needed
From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 15:52:00 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 06:53:11 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Friday 09 April 2010 13:05:55 Tapas Mishra wrote:
> I have 4 LAN cards on Dell PowerEdge R710.Running Xen on it with 4 VMs.
>
>  I can do an SSH to Dom0 and do a ping from there to DomU's and get a
>  reply. I want to use these  4 lan cards 1 for each machine.How many
>  bridges do I need? What do I need to configure ?
>
> Can some one send their sample configuration files like bridges etc
> that I should read as example?

In my xend-config.sxp:
(network-script 'network-bridge netdev=dummy0 bridge=dmz2br')

I only have one bridge configured in that file, not sure how to get multiple
bridges done there.
The other bridges are created in a seperate init-script:
--
brctl addbr dmz1br
brctl addbr lanbr

ifconfig dmz1br up
ifconfig lanbr up
ifconfig netbr up

ifconfig net up
ifconfig lan up

brctl addif netbr net
brctl addif lanbr lan
--

Please note, I rename my Network interfaces to specify which they are.
Bridges end with "br".

"net" and "lan" are physical interfaces.
"dummy0" is only internal, and linked to the "dmz2" network.

I have 4 seperate network in this machine, to seperate the different machines,
originally, all the VMs were originally physical machines that I moved onto a
single machine, but kept the original seperation and network-layout.

In the domU-configurations, I specify which bridge to link the network-
device(s) to.

HTH,

Joost Roeleveld