[Xen-users] Xen image not present in /boot

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen image not present in /boot
From: MadhuRanjan M <maadhuuranjan.m@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 22:49:12 +0530
Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 10:49:05 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:received:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=RNJ7UqSajO8+MxQ3LEH69LvPIOiYYZoMmoKHwxAbzhY=; b=t2kTMi1QW1k+72ufwxlI/F2m5flYtup2B65awUW6KlhuLxcr4aSZjrd6UDRMGaitGj YYs1WyoX6xc0CUsvuJJ1jbvzk7Sk8mnZ17M+D5l6Utc2CraKPnwJIXPHocoF8fj5x4gF 2HVIF0gg0naSDueEdJn0W2QpnGTQwTxVIT5AQ=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi All,

I am trying to setup dom0 on Jaunty. I downloaded ubuntu-xen-server and other required required items and was able to compile the kernel successfully. But when I looked at /boot later, there was absolutely no xen image.  According to all posts I have seen so far , we expect either a xen-3.3.gz or xen-3.4.gz. Without this value ,I am dumbfounded as to what I should provide for the kernel parameter in the menu.lst . The kernel code is present under /usr/src like in other cases and using that I have compiled and it has generated the vmlinuz and the initrd files successfully. It would be great if you can point out my mistake here.

thanks,

Ranjan