Re: [Xen-users] Dump an image based domU to a logical volume

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Dump an image based domU to a logical volume
From: Simon Hobson <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 23:26:40 +0000
Delivery-date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 16:27:50 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nuno L. Ferreira wrote:

Part II
+++++
I also tryed instead of creating a pristine image file, install the pristine domU directly into a LV based. But, how do I mount the LV to edit configuration files inside of it? Because now there is a partition table inside the domU, and I don't know how to handle with it. Any link on how to do it?

xm block-attach has been suggested to attach the LV to the Dom0 and then you can access the partitions the same as you'd do on a real disk.

--
Simon Hobson

WANTED: "Software CD ROM Kit" for Canon CLBP 360-PS printer (Canon part no RH6-3612, or possibly RH6-3810, or RH6-3610 might do). I've a dead HD and need this CD so I can replace the disk and re-install the printer OS on it. This is NOT the same thing as the printer drivers to load on the computer - there's no problem there. If anyone knows where I might get hold of one I'd be grateful - requests to Canon drew a blank, it's been out of support for years. Alternatively, if anyone has one of these and would let me image their hard disk ...