Re: [Xen-users] Client device and virtualization

To: "Salvatore De Paolis" <iwkse@xxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Client device and virtualization
From: "Nick Couchman" <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 14:35:49 -0600
Delivery-date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:37:59 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It's not really clear exactly what you're asking.  I assume that you're setup
is that you have a physical server (ServerA) running a domU (domain A), and
you're using the NetBook to talk to domain A over the network via a protocol
like RDP, ICA, etc.  You want to be able to see your local drives, devices,
etc., from the NetBook on the O/S you're connecting to in domain A?  If yes,
then this is not a Xen question at all - this is a question of whether the
protocol you're using to connect supports remote device connectivity.  RDP
supports some types of devices - serial ports, disks, parallel ports, printers,
etc.  I don't know much about ICA.  X does not support remote device
connectivity, and SSH is going to be limited in the type of connectivity it
supports, as well, or at least is going to take some more advanced
configuration to get working properly.

Perhaps you can be a little more specific about your configuration, and what
exactly you're trying to accomplish?

-Nick

>>> On 2010/03/19 at 10:53, Salvatore De Paolis <iwkse@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
> i'm new to virtualization, i'm interested to know if and how would be
> possible
> to use client devices on the virtual server OS.
> Basically i a netbook with sd card reader, i'd like to know if the server is
> able to see it an mount as it would be a local device. Any link to
> documentation about the topic is welcome,
>
> regards
> Sal

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are
not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient,
please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR)
Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly
prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this
message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and
delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message
that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor
attributable to SEAKR.