Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] Jeremy's git tags

Hello Dot,

Don't know if it can do exactly what your want, and since they have recoded it
for version 3, there seem to be some stability problems that have to be worked
out.
But Glusterfs is a clustering FS for fuse, and therefore userspace. I just use
the old version (2.0.6) to share disk space in a NFS/samba way to xen domU's
and it works rather well, but HA is another ballpark ofcourse.

http://www.gluster.org/

--
Sander

Saturday, March 13, 2010, 3:31:42 AM, you wrote:

> Yeah its for dom0. Too bad, i cant try them together.

> I find no shame in admitting that I am not good at code hacking :)

> In reality as a learning experience I wanted to use lustre based
> storage between two nodes providing HA to some xen domU. At some point
> I thought about using Sun's QFS, but since this is all on Lenny, its
> not that easy, plus having a QFS client also requires custom kernel.

> Thanks everyone.

> Regards,
> dot.yet

> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 4:45 PM, Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 03/12/2010 12:08 PM, Dot Yet wrote:
>>>
>>> OK. compilation of Lustre 1.8.2 on Jeremy's 2.6.32.9 and stock
>>> 2.6.32.9, both failed.
>>>
>>> Can someone tell me how I can get 2.6.30.x from Jeremy's git repository?
>>>

>> I think it will be easiest to get version of Lustre forward-ported rather
>> than trying to backport all the Xen stuff to an older kernel.
>>
>> That's assuming that what you want is a Xen-enabled Linux kernel with dom0
>> capability running Lustre.  If you just want domU support, then a stock
>> kernel.org 2.6.30.x will suit your purposes.

Best regards,
 Sander                            mailto:linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx