Re: [Xen-users] Installing xen on RHEL 5.4

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 3:26 AM, kishore kumar <bodkekumar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Even after getting the xen src rpm from ftp.redhat.com, will I be able to
> get all the supporting packages for xen?
>
> like
> yum install virt-manager libvirt libvirt-python python-virtinst.

if you want to be able to install it with yum, the easiest way is to
do what RH rep tells you: "purchase the RHEL5.4 with Virtualization
and Multi OS support to have the Xen and all the virtualization
support."

Other alternatives are:
- use Centos repositories (IIRC installing centos-release is enough to
setup the repositories) which will give you the same versions as RH's
packages, or
- use Gitco's packages (http://www.gitco.de/repo/) which will give you
up-to-date xen-related packages, but only for x86_64.
Either way, with those two alternatives, you'd lose RH support.

--
Fajar