Re: [Xen-users] how to know processes running inside domU

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 1:37 PM, yashwanth <yashwanth.reddy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear Fajar,
>     Thank you for your prompt response.
> What i thought was using "xentop" or "xm top" we can know the
> utilization of cpu inside domU from dom0.
> In the same way is any command to list processes inside domU.

That's not possible. xentop merely display sets of statictics
collected by dom0 regarding vcpus, vbd, and vif. xen keeps track of
those stats, so xentop only has to display them in human-readable
output.

On the contrary, xen does not keep track of what processess are
running inside domU. It doesn't care, and have no way of knowing. Xen
only knows what kernel domU is running (PV domU kernel, or hvmloader
in case of HVM domU). That's it.

This is different from (for example) Solaris zones, Linux containers,
or openvz, where they essentially share one kernel and guest's
processes also show up on the host.

--
Fajar