[Xen-users] Antispoof and HVM

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Antispoof and HVM
From: Andrey <basketboy@xxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 23:58:35 +0300
Delivery-date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 13:00:43 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

Does antispoof mechanism work in network-bridge with HVM domUs?

It seems no. There are the following iptables rules that were added after starting hvm domU with FreeBSD:

:INPUT ACCEPT [3126:359694]
:FORWARD DROP [974:187815]
:OUTPUT ACCEPT [973:266082]

-A FORWARD -m physdev  --physdev-in peth1 -j ACCEPT
-A FORWARD -m physdev  --physdev-in vif60.0 -j ACCEPT

peth1 is the physical interface on domO which is connected to eth1 bridge, vif60.0 is domU interface. After starting hvm domU it is inacessible via network.

If I change default policy of FORWARD policy to accept everything is fine. With PV domUs current antispoof scheme works fine.

Where is the problem?

With regards, Andrey