[Xen-users] Converting Debian Lenny HVM DomU to PV on Lenny Dom0 - PV Do

To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Converting Debian Lenny HVM DomU to PV on Lenny Dom0 - PV DomU hangs during boot
From: Matej Zary <zary@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 15:18:29 +0100
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 06:19:53 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi guys,

maybe I'm too sleep deprived or just dumb, but can't get it working (using
standard Lenny Xen 3.2.1 and Xen kernel 2.6.26-2-xen-amd64 - will move to
another later) :(.

Steps (inspiration taken from
http://www.asplund.nu/xencluster/xen-convert-hvm-to-pvm.html):

1. Created HVM Debian Lenny amd64 DomU with img file as hda (standard netinst
installation without LVM and with everything in /).
2. Installed Debian xen kernel in this DomU via aptitude.
3. Created two LVMs in Dom0 for the PV (one with ext3 for / and second one for
swap)
4. rsynced everything from / of HVM DomU from the hda img file to the ext3 LVM
(using losetup and kpartx)
5. changed /etc/fstab in the LVM to xvda1 and xvda2
6. Created PV DomU  and experienced  hang during boot (see attached txt logs -
boot log and PV cfg file)

Bad initrd?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards