[Xen-users] Enabling HugePages support in DomU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Enabling HugePages support in DomU
From: Vasu Murthy <vmurthy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 22:24:09 -0800
Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 22:25:41 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Can anyone help me with enabling HugePages support in my xen kernels?

We use xen domUs for software testing and our software needs HugePages
support in the kernel. We use CentOS 5 with 2.6.18 kernel for Dom0 and
DomU.

Neither Dom0 nor DomU have HugePages enabled - I checked this using
"grep -i huge /proc/meminfo". /boot/config-2.6.18-128.el5xen also says
"CONFIG_HUGETLB_PAGE is not set". HugePages are enabled when I boot
without xen.

Is there a specific kernel version that I need for HugePages to be
enabled in the kernel-xen?

Thank you,

Vasu Murthy