RE: [Xen-users] Citrix Xen Server

To: 'Fernando Berretta' <fernando.berretta@xxxxxxxxx>, "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Citrix Xen Server
From: Stephen Spector <stephen.spector@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 13:08:59 -0500
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 10:09:51 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I'm new in virtualization technologies and have found Citrix Xen Server
> seems to provide a free GUI tool for administration of Virtual Machines,
> etc. based on Xen. Is Citrix Xen Server the best way to start trying xen
>? what limitations has the "Free" licence ?

> Regards,
> Fernando

Fernando,
Citrix XenServer is a product built upon the open source Xen platform. The Open
Source community now supports a complete build image downloadable in iso format
to try called Xen Cloud Platform. It does not have the free GUI tool built-in
but there are several options already available to manage XCP - see
http://www.xen.org/products/cloud_projects.html.

Thanks.

Stephen Spector