Re: [Xen-users] tool to test diskio

To: Paras pradhan <pradhanparas@xxxxxxxxx>, Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] tool to test diskio
From: Thomas Graves <tgraves@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 14:04:40 -0800
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 14:06:01 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I was wondering the same thing. I’ve tried various ones – bonnie++, fio, etc but none of them seem to give consistent or valid results.  Sometimes vms look much better then bare metal for bandwidth but then latency on the vm is terrible. Other tools show the bandwidth seems ok but latency doesn’t make sense.

Can anyone recommend a tool or method to test disk io performance and compare vm to bare metal?

Thanks,
Tom