RE: [Xen-users] XCP shared storage with xiotech san

On Wed, 2010-02-03 at 15:02 +0100, Matej Zary wrote:
> NFS could be solution. It's easy to setup,  VM disks are still vhd files. The
> NFS export from storage can be attached (mounted) on every Xen server and it
> looks like smb share. Directory and vhd files in it. :)
> Performance wise, it depends on a lot of factors. But it migh work - at
> worst, it should be easy to try. :)
>
> Matej

Hi Matei. Thanks for responding.

Besides possible performance issues, my biggest issue with NFS is that
it would be a single point of failure. One server would be running NFS
and the others would mount NFS from it, correct? So if the NFS server
went down for any reason, so do all the VMs.

It would be easy to try as far as testing XCP though. :-)

Thanks,
James