Re: [Xen-users] how to dynamically increase domU's memory?

To: Nick Couchman <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] how to dynamically increase domU's memory?
From: Rudi Ahlers <Rudi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 08:08:46 +0200
Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 22:09:49 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 2:03 AM, Nick Couchman <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It depends on the operating system.  From dom0, you can do:
xm mem-set <Domain> <memory>

So, if a domain called "Linux" needs its memory set to 1GB:
xm mem-set Linux 1024M

Some operating systems or kernel versions do not support dynamic memory sizing - for example, I don't think the balloon driver for Windows is working, yet.

-Nick

Nick,

I already tried "xm mem-set" before I posted this, but it didn't do anything, other than altering the memory value in the domU configuration file.

The dom0 server is on CentOS 5.4 x64, and the domU as well.

So, if I want this feature, then what should I have enabled / installed?
--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Website: http://www.SoftDux.com