Re: [Xen-users] XCP - GFS - ISCSI

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 11:11:38PM +0000, Dave Scott wrote:
>    Hi,
>
>    Instead of creating an SR with `type=iscsi', use `type=lvmoiscsi' instead.
>    This will create an LVM volume group on the iSCSI LUN where guest disks
>    (VDIs) will be LVs.

I haven't looked at the XCP code yet, but are there some special patches for
LVM to make it work in a shared environment on multiple hosts?

I guess it's not CLVM, since you support snapshots.. so xapi is doing
some coordination of management commands and making sure only one LVM
command is issued at a time?

And after making changes to the LVM configuration xapi runs 'vgscan' on
every host to pick up the changes?

Thanks!

-- Pasi