Re: [Xen-users] XEN timeout value for NFS?

To: <cristianedemelo@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] XEN timeout value for NFS?
From: "Nick Couchman" <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 13:57:28 -0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 12:59:04 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 12:34:50PM -0500, cristianedemelo@xxxxxxx wrote:
>>    Team, Sorry to bother your busy day!
>>
>>    I was hoping you could guide me to the right direction.
>>
>>    One of our users are running the open source version of Xen that comes
>>    bundled in Red Hat's RHEL 5.3 and 5.4 products.
>>
>>    Running XEN over NFS.
>>
>>    We would like to know the XEN timeout value for NFS.
>>
>>    Is it true that Xen has a hardcode timeout value for NFS. Is it true that
>>    it is recommended we run open source XEN over iSCSI insted of NFS..
>>
>>    Any comments/guidelines will be highly appreciated.

Most of the filesystem and storage options are managed inside dom0, not in Xen
itself.  So, any practices that you'd apply to managing a stand-alone Linux
system (assuming that's what you're running for your dom0), including NFS
timeout values, are going to be true in a Xen dom0 environment, as well.  This
may change a little if you're running stubdoms, but the point remains - Xen
itself does little more than brokering the hardware requests for multiple
domains, and dom0 takes care of most of the hardware management.

Perhaps you could explain in a little more detail the problem you're having and
what you're trying to solve...

-Nick

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are
not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient,
please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR)
Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly
prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this
message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and
delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message
that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor
attributable to SEAKR.