RE: [Xen-users] How do I get Windows licenses for virtual machines?

To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] How do I get Windows licenses for virtual machines?
From: Nathan Eisenberg <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:19:20 -0800
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:20:01 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Depending on the service you offer, using Windows XP/7 may be at odds with the
licensing agreement, since they are not server OS's.  I'll bet that's part of
why an OEM license is required for SPLA win7/winXP licenses, but is not
required for server OS's.

I concur with James, though.  Call MS Licensing.  They'll very likely help.

Best Regards,
Nathan Eisenberg