Re: [Xen-users] xen config for iscsi domU

To: Aclhk Aclhk <aclhkaclhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xen config for iscsi domU
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 16:45:40 +0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 01:46:15 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
2009/12/9 Aclhk Aclhk <aclhkaclhk@xxxxxxxxx>

> i want to create a domU using iscsi disk.
>
> Since virt-manager and virt-install do not support, pls advise the config
> file which will be used by xm create to create a xen guest.

Short answer, it'd be MUCH easier to simply import the iscsi share on
dom0, and then use something like phy:/dev/disk/by-path/* on your domU
config file (or virt-manager/virt-install)

The alternative is somewhat complicated, and might involve logging
in/out all targets from the iscsi server at the same time, which
(usually) is not what you want.

--
Fajar