[Xen-users] Installation of DomU fails from a working TFTP in virt-manag

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Installation of DomU fails from a working TFTP in virt-manager, CentOS
From: Tapas Mishra <tapas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 18:22:16 +0530
Delivery-date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 04:52:55 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am having a TFTP for installing Ubuntu 9.04 from which I have been
able to install successfully Ubuntu on client machines on network.
My TFTP ,DHCP and Apache which has the image for installation are all
on Ubuntu machine.
There is another machine on which my previous attempts to install Xen
from source failed.
So I installed CentOS since it comes with a pre compiled Xenified kernel as
mentioned on wiki
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/DistributionSupport

Now using virt-manager I wanted to install Ubuntu as DomU so I created
a config file for the guest OS but then after taking the image from
TFTP i.e. vmlinuz and initrd the installation of guest OS hangs in
between the same has occurred with me when I used a CD of Ubuntu to
install Guest OS on CentOS as Dom0 ,I did changed the CD and also
changed the Guest OS also to many other distros like
CentOS,Fedora,Open Suse ,Debian but it all failed since machine hanged
in between ,
as far as hardware is concerned I am having 4GB RAM and Core2Duo
processor so it should ideall not be a hardware problem the Bios has
Intel VT support also.

--

http://www.abhitech.com