Re: [Xen-users] Cannot suspend or migrate

To: Alessandro Storti Gajani <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Cannot suspend or migrate
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 18:30:59 +0700
Cc: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 03:31:38 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 6:04 PM, Alessandro Storti Gajani
<alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm installing a 3-servers configuration, with iSCSI and Xen, all Gentoo
> based.
>
> I'm using kernel 2.6.29 I've got here
> http://code.google.com/p/gentoo-xen-kernel/downloads/list

Last time I check, I haven't been able to get migration to work using
anything other than 2.6.18 kernel. CMIIW.

> All the disks are lvm logical volumes shared among the servers and the
> config files are on a (xfs) volume which is mounted rw on the first
> server and ro on the others.

I'm not sure that's a wise move. For example, with ext3, when you
attempt to mount ro a "dirty" filesystem (like when it's already
mounted rw somewhere else), it'd actually replay the journal, thus
possibly making the fs inconsistent for the node that has it mounted
rw.

--
Fajar