Re: [Xen-users] XenClient questions

To: jean-baptiste.favre@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] XenClient questions
From: Tapas Mishra <tapas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 04:55:09 +0530
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 15:25:50 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have been trying to install Xen from past 2 weeks to get it working
I have tried CentOS ,Debian,Ubuntu,OpenSuse on machines of various
configurations and 2 Dell Laptops I have read a lot of blogs one book
about Xen some wiki pages on Xenwiki website chatted with people on
IRC but I still have failed to get   Xen working for me as mentioned
the only luck I got was installing CentOS with precompiled kernel
on 2 different machines both gave PCI MMCONFIG Error and one of them
booted other one did not booted with Xen
finally installation of DomU failed on this one on which CentOS was
installed. Xen booted the machine has 4 GB Memory but still when I
started to install guest OS as Ubuntu it hanged for about an hour I
had to forcefullly shutdown  Debian, I am right now compiling the
kernel and the binaries also have got  a lot of errors probably I am
not sure what binaries/libraries are missing in my file which have
failed Ubuntu 9.04 ,got some luck in installing but the installation
of guest OS from debootstrap method failed after it downloaded
everything from internet and my hard disk crashed
OpenSuse 11.2 on one of the Asus motherboard did not worked at all.
The READMEs given in the tar files I dont think are sufficient for me
I have successfully configured a PXE boot server ,and compiled a
kernel in past for normal works and configured IPTABLES so I am not
new to Linux at least.But still Xen config parameters and libraries
specially virt-manager have not been easy for me to get it working if
you wish I can forward you a tutorial I got from one of the users.

http://www.abhitech.com