[Xen-users] Windows PV Drivers on W2003 Question - Service failing to st

Subject: [Xen-users] Windows PV Drivers on W2003 Question - Service failing to start
From: James MacLean <macleajb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 07:47:45 -0400
Cc: Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 03:47:38 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Folks,

On all W2003 instances where James' XVD driver is installed, on boot we are getting :

"At least one service or driver failed during system startup. Use Event Viewer to examine the event log for details."

Yet, I am seeing no services failing to start. The only odd entry before this is :

"The COM sub system is suppressing duplicate event log entries for a duration of 86400 seconds. The suppression timeout can be controlled by a REG_DWORD value named SuppressDuplicateDuration under the following registry key: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Ole\EventLog"

and after it is :

"The IPSec Driver is starting in Bypass mode. No IPSec security is being applied while this computer starts up. IPSec policies, if they have been assigned, will be applied to this computer after the IPSec services start."

I originally thought it was caused by Citrix starting up as it's IMA service and other pieces sometimes do not all take off at the right time, but since the latest one was just a straight W2003 server I wanted to report it in case others have seen this, and perhaps, have a way to correct it :) ?

Or perhaps I am not even looking for the right problem :(.

Cheers,
JES