[Xen-users] Anyone running SLES11?

To: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Anyone running SLES11?
From: James Pifer <jep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 09:54:33 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 06:55:51 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Our company standard is sles. All my xen servers are sles10sp2, but I
have some usb needs so I'm looking at sles11 so I can run xen 3.4. Xen
3.4 appears to be available for sles11.

I tried to get xen 3.4 on sles10sp2, and although I did eventually get
it installed I had some other issues and it didn't seem very clean.

Now I've installed sles11 but I'm having some issues. In the past I
would run sles10 at init3 and use vnc for getting to X to run
virt-manager. They've changed some things with sles11. When you pick xen
during instal it doesn't install X. When I tried to load vnc I obviously
couldn't get gnome window manager in my vnc session.

So I added gnome, but I'm still not able to get it to load in my vnc
session. Furthermore, I ran sax2 -a and rcxdm start on the server and
all I get on the server console is a blank screen.

I even reinstalled the server and added gnome during the setup.
Unfortunately I still get the same blank screen. The hardware is an
HPDL360G6. Maybe it just isn't supported?

Any suggestions?

I would love to move to centos because I think I would have a lot fewer
issues, but I don't think I can because of our "standard".

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
James