RE: [Xen-users] XEN 3.1 on 2.6.18-164.el5xen kernel - Slow IO & Pauses

To: "'Fajar A. Nugraha'" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] XEN 3.1 on 2.6.18-164.el5xen kernel - Slow IO & Pauses
From: "Rob Taylor" <rob@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 08:17:16 -0500
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 05:19:44 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Well, for the most part I'm using dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=4k
count=1000000

This writes a 4gig file to the disk.   I've tried with 100M, 200M, 400M,
800M, 1G, 2G, 4G file sizes.
100M-800M the throughput is quite impressive.
1G the throughput is still 100+M/sec.
2G+ it goes down to 1-2M/sec on DomU.

----

I've done the iostat, and in most all cases the most of the usage is in the
"await" state on the drive I'm testing.
I'll keep digging to see if I can find out more information.  Thanks for the
reply.