Re: [Xen-users] xen cpu affinity, ie; pinning cpus

On Oct 23, 2009, at 8:05 PM, Luke S Crawford wrote:

Brian Krusic <brian@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Heres my grub.conf;

kernel /boot/xen.gz-3.4.1 dom0_max_vcpus=1 dom0_mem=1024M

xend-config.sxp;

(dom0-cpus 1)

Heres my xm vcpu-list after a reboot of the system;

Name            ID      VCPU    CPU     State   Time(s)         CPU Affinity
Domain-0        0       0               0               r--             216.6
        any cpu

Heres my xm vcpu-list after xm vcpu-pin;

Name            ID      VCPU    CPU     State   Time(s)         CPU Affinity
Domain-0        0       0               0               r--             12585.6
        0

I tired to format this nice for you so please excuse if it come out
like crap.

Notice the the CPU Affinity column.

here is my kernel: line

kernel /boot/xen.gz dom0_mem=1024M dom0_max_vcpus=1 dom0_vcpus_pin=true console=com1 com1=115200,8n1

note the dom0_vcpus_pin=true    - that's the key bit;  it means pin
vcpu0 to cpu0, vcpu1 to cpu1, etc...   once you have that, the
dom0_max_vcpus setting isn't so important, you can just set dom0_cpus or
what have you in xend-config.sxp.

Yep, that did it.

Many many thanks Luke.