Re: [Xen-users] XEN Netwok Configuration

To: Anirban Ghosh <anirban_4you@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] XEN Netwok Configuration
From: "Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)" <space.time.universe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 23:02:31 +0800
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 08:16:06 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=1Y5vZTpz777P9RualEijj1U0SSResaLwIGImWgWjN+0=; b=EX7q8oSAlKzsrSdG9bakGu8Yyje4g30tn2oG26O9+Q8kWwG4ZFuG4Gti3bcAAC9wGR y9y7dRndP4ryjtxepOYinVYUxOsL1fzyCpyIa+PegdVbPpXt4GWQpK8sGEg9vGQu2yDe EMbHvuCAxFhmf7gqbTriH4F3+cscoRo9zOsLI=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi

In each physical machine you have 2 NICS eth0 and eth1 with multiple virtual machines running.

You need to connect a cable from eth0 NIC port to the 10.1.1.x switch and another cable from eth1 NIC port to the 192.168.250.x switch.

Then for each virtual machine / guest configuration you need to specify

vif = [ 'bridge=eth0','bridge=eth1' ]

or

vif = [ 'bridge=xenbr0','bridge=xenbr1' ]

depending on the names of the ethernet bridges created in dom0.

So you will have 2 virtual NICs eth0 and eth1 in each virtual machine, each assigned to a different physical NIC in the host.

Inside each virtual machine, you need to specify DHCP for your networking configuration instead of static IP assignment.

You may also need to fine tune your iptables firewall configuration inside your host operating system / dom0.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

--
Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) Dip(Mechatronics) BEng(Hons)(Mechanical Engineering)
Alma Maters: