Re: [Xen-users] Why Xen will deprecated? Is it to old?

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 3:59 AM, Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
<space.time.universe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If we don't use any specific Linux distribution like Fedora, Debian,
> Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, etc, we could still customize or DIY our own linux
> system according to the instructions here at the Linux from Scratch
> online book http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/
>
> And then we could download the pv_ops/pvops dom0 kernels and Xen
> hypervisor and compile ourselves.
>
> Anyone forsees any problems with this approach?

I don't see a difference whether you use specific distro or a DIY
system. You could always setup xen (including dom0 kernel) manually.
A possible snag might be if you use i386, where you need xen-friendly
glibc. For x86_64 it's much easier.

--
Fajar