Re: [Xen-users] issue with memory at dom0

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 8:33 PM, Israel Garcia <igalvarez@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 10/18/09, Fajar A. Nugraha <fajar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This free memory that shows xm info, is the free mem available
> coutning dom0's? Or is itthe mem I can use for new guest domains?

Free memory that you can use for new guest domains.
Note that this does not include memory in dom0 that can be ballooned
down, but since you say you limit dom0 to only 1 GB then you don't
have any balloonable memory in dom0.

>>> 2. Which is the minimun ram memory a dom0 can use to work  properly?
>>> We have issues with two dom0's servers running debian etch when the
>>> memory decrease below 1Gb. The server get a reboot.  :-(
>>
>> Depends on the setup.
>> I usually put 768M-1GB for dom0, and it's not running any "heavy"
>> additional services (usually only snmp). What do you have running on
>> dom0? Are you using file-based or LVM based storage for domU?
> yeap, I use LVM based storage. And I'm not running nothing but xend on the
> dom0.

In that case using htop (or simply top) and looking for programs that
uses lots of memory (highest RES) should help find out what the
problem is.

--
Fajar