Re: [Xen-users] Disabling clock set in PV boot?

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 10:55 PM, Evan Lavelle <sa212+xen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Roy wrote:
>
>> Why not just override the clock during startup by setting it in
>> /etc/rc.sysinit via date to whatever value you want?
>
> I have to do that anyway, to set the system time to the required value.
>
> The problem is that Xen has already set it to something else, so there may
> be some files somewhere that have already been timestamped with the Dom0's
> time, and not my time.
>
> For consistency, it would be better if I could prevent Xen from setting its
> own initial value.

It worked fine on my setup. Is it possible that you set dom0 or domU
to use local time instead of UTC for system clock?
I set dom0 and domU to use UTC. This is the content of my /etc/sysconfig/clock :

ZONE="Asia/Jakarta"
UTC=true
ARC=false

with that setup Xen's initial value (with dom0 running ntp) is the
same as what I get when running ntp on domU.

For domUs that uses localtime as system clock, I add this setting on
domU config file:

localtime=1

You could also play with rtc_timeoffset setting (in case domUs uses
different time zones).

--
Fajar