Re: [Xen-users] Upgrade dom0 from Debian etch to lenny.

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Upgrade dom0 from Debian etch to lenny.
From: Thomas Hager <duke@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 22:05:13 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 13:06:08 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 13:09 -0500, Israel Garcia wrote:
> Hi list, don't know if I should send this message to Debian-users list
> or send it to xen-users. I have 3 dom0 servers running some guest
> domain (running Debian Linux) and we want to upgrade dom0, which is
> running in Debian etch to Debian lenny (next version). My question is:
i did that some months ago and the major part of the upgrade went
smoothly.

dom0 was etch and i had three para-virtualized etch domUs running.
i dist-upgraded my dom0 to lenny and installed the new xen packages.
i had some problems with networking after the upgrade, because my custom
xen bridge script wasn't working with the new xen release. took me some
minutes crouching in front of the server before i had it working
again ;-)

all etch domUs booted fine with the new kernel and i upgraded them to
lenny afterwards as well.

hth,
tom.

--