Re: [Xen-users] PCI Passthrough

>>> On 2009/09/30 at 14:56, Jan Bakuwel <jan.bakuwel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Nick,

I can recommend using a serial server (for instance from
http://www.sena.com) as a much easier and more flexible approach...

best,
Jan

Nick Couchman wrote:

> <Dustin.Henning@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> You're likely to get the "sorry, you're out of luck" response, but
> IIRC, PCI Passthrough can be used with one type of domU without
> VT-d/iommu.
> This may require custom compilation or something, though, as it poses a
> security risk.  The answer should be hidden deep within the archives
> of this
> mailing list.
> Dustin

Thanks, Jan

Unfortunately the end user wants the "direct-connected" serial ports available
as a backup in case the network fails - using a network-based serial server to
protect against network failure isn't probably going to work for me.  We
already use quite a few of Digi's serial port servers around here, so we're
familiar with the concept, just have to use something else in this case.

-Nick

--------