Re: [Xen-users] Windows Guest not loading up

To: sath <sath.kiran@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Windows Guest not loading up
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 09:47:06 +0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 19:47:48 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 12:50 AM, sath <sath.kiran@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Any inputs please ?

Well, first of all you're not giving enough details. What OS/distro,
what version, which version of Xen, etc.

Second, it's usually best to start with known-good-setup. For example,
use RHEL/Centos5 with its bundled Xen, and install windows domU using
virt-manager/virt-install or from the example on /etc/xen/xmexample*

Third, if you look at this

>> The following error is then thrown on the command line
>> Error: Device 768 (tap) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not
>> working.

and this

and this

>> disk = [
>> 'tap:aio:/home/vm/1/dsk.img,ioemu:hda,w','tap:aio:/home/vm/1/xp_sp2.iso,ioemu:hdc:cdrom,r'
>> ]

possibly Xen failed to access the disk image. Some possible causes :
- the image file is not there
- xen userland programs does not have permission to access it
- Selinux is preventing Xen to access that file
- udev is dead

... and so on. For example, I believe RHEL's default image location is
on /var/lib/xen/images. So with the default setup and using images on
/home, you'll almost certain to get a failure.

Again, start with known good configuration first, then after you get
it working you can change it according to your needs.

--
Fajar