[Xen-users] XEN and NFS

To: "'xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] XEN and NFS
From: Joseph Coleman <joe.coleman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 10:11:18 -0500
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 08:12:41 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I am looking to do a Xen install with Suse on a Dell blade chassis or the Cisco chassis. If I go with the Dell chassis I will use the straight pass through net ports.  I will boot Suse from local disk but I will have the VM’S stored on an NFS share. What I am trying to figure out is do I need to have a direct connection going from the San to the blade system or Can I just connect to the NFS volume using the NFS tool in Yast and point to the Vlan that I have designated for all my NFS traffic. I am new to this and just trying to figure it out and get it right the first time. Also I haven’t been able to find out what is the max NFS volume size that Suse can see for Xen?

Thanks and if you need more information let me know

Thanks,

Joe