[Xen-users] Re: Setting up HA with Open Xen

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: Setting up HA with Open Xen
From: Stefano Zanella <zanella.stefano@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 00:35:54 +0200
Delivery-date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 15:36:37 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Well, in fact Xen setup is splitted in two parts (at least in my experience). First, install Xen dom0 and reboot in order to work with a xenified kernel. Next, do your OpenAIS + Pacemaker setup. What to do in this phase it depends on your configuration. Generally, you first install your VM, then with your cluster manager up and running you add the VM as a cluster resource. From that point on, starting/stopping the VM is done by the CRM. In Pacemaker it exist a Xen RA that accepts a domU config file as a parameter, but for my needs it was a little buggy, so i had to patch the script. Maybe in your case it works just fine...

If you need more details, please tell what your overall configuration is (i.e. do you use clustered filesystem or DRBD?).