Re: [Xen-users] Windows XP on XenServer local machine itself

To: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Windows XP on XenServer local machine itself
From: Rob MacGregor <rob.macgregor@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 18:50:41 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 10:51:20 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=qtpGRG5o77+z3Hw+BrFAfNr4qeYNKLLyjogJ65TlcAI=; b=L+FXjbMTa7nmVdu1fv7lK4a0dl4ckRQUgLJUVC4BTNHekY0KimN5QZKGgHD49rRo5f uYu+o2DFq1NU7iwBgbgSkgB9P+iIzbarpUPNvb1jQNkDSzR5NCjEIfJv6YsmCk/J6Z6b s/X11jSR9G1fqTz80ZQ6AjMA/mhwBG708phRY=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 18:33, Sanjay Arora<sanjay.k.arora@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is it possible to run a virtual winXP machine on a xenserver and
> access that machine through the local keyboard, mouse & graphics card,
> instead of accessing it remotely using rdp or ics?

AFAIK no.

> Also, someone on another list suggested that if I am thinking of
> running windows as a guest, I should think of using vmware or
> virtualbox. Does xen have any handicap/problem running xp compared to
> these systems?

It's different - VMWare and VirtualBox are designed to allow you local
interactive access, like you describe above, but require that your
host has a GUI installed.  XEN does not require that you have a GUI on
the host.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor