Re: Fw: Re: [Xen-users] bridge throughput problem

To: Fasiha Ashraf <feehapk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: [Xen-users] bridge throughput problem
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 18:50:07 +0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 04:50:48 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 5:15 PM, Fasiha Ashraf<feehapk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have tried what you suggested me. I pinned 1 core per guest also pin 1
> core to Dom0 instead of allowing dom0 to use all 8 cores. But the results
> remained same.

At this point I have to say I don't know. I'm not famliar enough with
F11 (especially the kernel) to know what kind of throughput to expect
under Xen. In my RHEL5 setup (kernel 2.6.18), inter domU communication
can easily reach 2 Gbps.

Perhaps it's performance issue with newer pv_ops kernel. Hopefully
others familiar with this setup can help you.

--
Fajar