[Xen-users] Dom0 Xorg won't work

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Dom0 Xorg won't work
From: Juergen Buchmueller <pullmoll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 17:59:52 +0200
Delivery-date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 09:00:54 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
I'm sure this question has been asked before. I installed Xen33 on my
NetBSD 5.0 box and text console is working fine, i.e. setup is ok.

However, the radeonhd driver of XOrg doesn't detect any video memory.
If I specify some amount of memory in xorg.conf, it hits an assertion
with some CursorMem == -1. If I then enable the software cursor, I end
up with the driver not finding a useable video output path... seems to
be an endless sequence of problems.

I then tried vesa, which works for a part in that it switches the video
resolution. However the base address of the frame buffer doesn't seem
to be changed, because on the top scanlines I can see some pixel
garbage from the text console output. No cursor and no X output visible.

Without Xorg on Dom0 the Xen is pretty much useless, so I'm eager to
find a solution to my problems.

Graphics card is an ASUS EAH3450, which is a radeonhd RV620 chipset. It
works fine in NetBSD native mode, just not in Dom0.

Juergen