RE: [Xen-users] How do you add a bootable cdrom ISO?

> I have managed to boot Fedora11 and OpenSolaris 09.06 as PV domUs since my
> hardware can't do hvm.  It is usually just a case of giving pygrub the
> correct boot arguments and making sure the .iso is the first line in the disk
> = [] stanza.
>
> e.g.
>
> Fedora 11:
> bootloader = "/usr/bin/pygrub"
> bootargs = "--kernel=/isolinux/vmlinuz --ramdisk=/isolinux/initrd.img"
> disk = [ 'file:/misc/iso/fedora/Fedora-11-x86_64-DVD.iso,xvdc:cdrom,r' ]
>
> OpenSolaris:
> bootloader = "/usr/bin/pygrub"
> bootargs = "--kernel=/platform/i86xpv/kernel/amd64/unix
> --ramdisk=/boot/amd64/x86.microroot"
> disk = [ 'file:/misc/iso/solaris/OpenSolaris/osol-0906-x86.iso,xvdc:cdrom,r' ]
>
> I haven't managed to get the livecd for FC11 to work as it seems the kernel
> on the disk doesn't have domU support.  OpenSolaris doesn't seem to support
> the PV virtual fb yet so only command line mode.
>
> James

> confidential and subject to the Amdocs policy statement,
> you may review at http://www.amdocs.com/email_disclaimer.asp

I still have not managed to get this to work. Just as a recap, I have a
win2k3 hvm domU. I need to be able to boot this existing domU off an ISO
boot cd. Not only can I NOT get it to boot, I can't even get the domU to
see the cdrom device that's added to it.

How can I get this working?????

Thanks,
James