Re: [Xen-users] What Hardware Do I Need to have

Subject: Re: [Xen-users] What Hardware Do I Need to have
From: ken <gebser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 12:16:43 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 09:18:09 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 09/04/2009 06:42 AM Amol Jadhav wrote:
> Hi,
>       I'm new to Xen (or to Virtulization), I want to have minimal
> installation of the the Xen server to support 2 guest os (Both Windows
> and Linux). What minimal hardware do I need to have?
>
> Thanks,
> Amol Jadhav

I'm very interested in this topic also.  I'm looking to buy a 64-bit
laptop on which I can run xen/linux with full virtualization, with
Windows, Linux, and opensolaris running on top.  The Intel Core 2 Duo
processors all have subtle differences.  Are there one or two of them
which are significantly better than the others?

Anybody have laptop recommendations?

Thanks.