[Xen-users] behaviour of autochanger when slot is empty?

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] behaviour of autochanger when slot is empty?
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 22:01:08 +1000
Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 05:03:22 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
What should the autochanger script do when the slot is empty on a 'load'
command (eg because the magazine has been changed)?

If the autochanger script exits with a return code of 1 then the job
fails with:

04-Sep 21:44 xxx-sd JobId 63: Fatal error:
/home/kern/bacula/k/src/stored/fd_cmds.c:166 Command error with FD,
hanging up. Append data error.

04-Sep 21:44 xxx-fd JobId 63: Fatal error:
/home/kern/bacula/k/src/filed/job.c:1921 Bad response to Append Data
command. Wanted 3000 OK data, got 3903 Error append data

When it exits with a 0 bacula figures out that there is nothing in the
drive and asks for a volume.

I want it to rescan the (virtual) magazine when this happens... is that
possible?

In my case the magazine is a USB external disk that has just been
swapped over.

Thanks

James