Re: [Xen-users] On top of cluster

Hi,
Thanks for earlier mail.

Actually we are having High performance  linux red hat cluster which
running on Rocks cluster suite.
So whether i can run Xen on top of this type of cluster.

One more question i need to ask.
Can i make Single Xen installation to run on all nodes of cluster so that
i have single Virtual machine having multiple guest OS installed on it? Is
this case possible.

Sorry if my question creates any confusion.

Thanks
Vipul

> Vipul,
>
> Are you referring to a high-availability cluster, like Red Hat Cluster
> Suite?  If so, I can tell you that we are running 100+ guests across 10+
> Xen
> servers using file-based guest images stored on a GFS2 file system on a
> shared iSCSI LUN.  So, yes, you can run Xen "on top" of a cluster layer
> like
> this.
>
> -Dustin
>

> On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 7:34 AM, Vipul.B <vipulb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi all ,
>>        I am new to Xen. I want to ask a general question.
>> Is it possible to install Xen on top of cluster software. So that i can
>> run multiple guest OS on top of cluster layer. This way i don't have to
>> disturb the underlying cluster configuration.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Vipul
>>
>> --
>> believed to be clean.