[Xen-users] Re: Xen and I/O Intensive Loads

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: Xen and I/O Intensive Loads
From: "Oliver Wilcock" <oliver@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 11:11:01 -0400 (EDT)
Delivery-date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 08:11:58 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nick,
Do you mean Groupwise data volume is on one RAID10 comprised of 30 disks
dedicated to Groupwise data?  Or that this one RAID volume is contending
with other volumes using the disks on the SAN?  I'm not familiar with how
Groupwise works, does ideal deployment suggest separate sets of spindles
for temp file, database and transaction logs?

Is the RAID block/chunk/stripe size aligned with xfs sunit/swidth
parameters?  Are the xfs block boundaries aligned with the RAID blocks?

Is that 4GB of write back cache?  What is the write back delay?  How fast
are the drives in rpm?