Re: [Xen-users] 3.4-testing : Kernel panic on bootup (mount: couldnotfi

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 2:56 AM, Madhu Venugopal
(vmadhu)<vmadhu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I started everything from scratch...
>
> 1. Installed CentOS 5.3
> 2. Installed XEN 3.4-testing as per README
>
> The same problem during the reboot. I copied the Grub entry from the
> Native CentOS5.3 installation.

On your original setup, I noticed you're using "root=LABEL=/1" on the
original grub stanza and "root=LABEL=/" on Xen stanza. Are they
supposed to refer to the same root? This could be one of things
causing you problems.

> This time am seeing an error additional error :
>
> "Volume group : "VolGroup00" not Found"
>
> Searching the forums, I understand that this is a Logical Volume and
> There are a few problems with Logical Volumes. But none of the
> workarounds
> Seems to work.
>
> I get a feeling that the "mkinitrd" is not doing its job completely.
> (or) what am I missing ?

My guess is the kernel config you use is missing some essential
modules needed to boot correctly. Here's some of the things you can
try :

- Install RHEL's Xen. This should be pretty straightforward, you'd end
up with Xen 3.1+ and a working grub.conf stanza for Xen with RHEL's
kernel-xen
- Install Xen package from gitco (http://www.gitco.de/repo/). You can
get Xen 3.4.1 (currently in testing) but still using RHEL's kernel-xen
- If that works, you can simply compile another xen kernel as you
like, using either 2.6.18 or later pv_ops kernel. If using 2.6.18, you
can use RHEL's kernel-xen config as a base.

--
Fajar