Not fixed yet, but some progress.

Nicolas, you were very close.

instead of doing:
extra='console=xvc0'
I did:
xencons='xvc0'

And it ALMOST boots.

It stops at:
"Starting periodic command scheduler: crond"

If I wait a few minutes, the following appears, then it is hangs indefinitely:
INIT: Id "1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel

I am soo close here...

I have tried passing everything I can think of to the "console=" dirctive, like this:
extra='xencons=xvc0, console=xvc0' (blank screen)
or
extra='xencons=xvc0, console=tty' (hangs as stated above)
or
extra='xencons=xvc0, console=pty' (blank screen)
and so on...

Any help, please?

Thanks.

Quoting Chris <cjdl01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Ok.

Looked at both systems, and xorg.conf is an empty file.  But, like I
said, since I'm not running X on either system (though xorg is
installed) I'm not sure we are barking up the right tree here...

Quoting "Munoz, Nicolas" <nicolas.munoz@xxxxxx>:

How about your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file ?
What's in it ?