Re: [Xen-users] Network Interface Problems for DomU Firewall

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Network Interface Problems for DomU Firewall
From: xensource@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 20:10:45 +0200 (CEST)
Delivery-date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 11:13:48 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I ran with such a config for about 3 years on my home network without problem :
- Linux with shorewall in a domU
- PCI pass through for the ethernet card connected to internet.
- Two bridges : br-dmz and br-loc configured at the OS level on dom0. (disabled the network-bridge script).
- As all my dmz host were domU, there was no physical interface linked to the br-dmz bridge.
- All guests paravirtualized. (no virtualization support in my CPU at that time).

Nothing to say, this just worked. AFAIR, I had some problems with the pci passthrough that I solved by using a different brand for the ethernet card connected to internet. This is probably fixed now.

Some 5 months ago, I had to migrate to KVM/libvirt because of lack of support for ivtv and nvidia in a xen dom0. I had to use a bridge for the connection to internet interface, this works too.

François.