[Xen-users] Memory consumption of xend on x86_64

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Memory consumption of xend on x86_64
From: Sreeharsha Totakura <sreeharsha.totakura@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 17:10:16 +0530
Delivery-date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 04:41:40 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

On one of our servers which has 6GB RAM (dom0 RAM: 3GB), the xend service
is taking about 46% of the memory. Is this normal? We use xen on other
servers (8GB, 6GB RAM) too and in them xend is taking about 3% of the
memory.

This particular server if of x86_64 architecture where as the rest are of
i386. Is that the reason for xend taking so much RAM?

Regards,
Sree Harsha Totakura
Member, Open Source Platform - TEG
Tata Consultancy Services