RE: [Xen-users] SVM not detected on Opteron 1220

To: "Brian P. Martin" <Brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] SVM not detected on Opteron 1220
From: <djmagee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 16:17:34 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 04:31:03 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I believe this is normal (though I don't have any AMD hardware, it
should be the same as vmx flag on intel).  Xen masks certain bits in the
cpu information, and Dom0 does not have direct access to the physical
CPUs, only the virtual CPUs assigned by the hypervisor.

To verify you have svm enabled, you will want to look at the output of
"xm info", specifically the line that starts "xen_caps".  If you have
entries there that start with "hvm" then your hardware supports
virtualization.

Doug Magee