Re: [Xen-users] conflict between XEN-udev and Hotplug

To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] conflict between XEN-udev and Hotplug
From: François Delpierre <xensource@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 23:36:09 +0200 (CEST)
Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 14:38:48 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear Fabian,

Xen hotplug script has nothing to do with linux hotplug that is now replaced by udev.
Your error message just tells that the xen hotplug script is not working, but does not ask you to install the hotplug software.
I have to admin that xen error messages are really a pity... and the error message you get cannot help me in finding an answer that correct the problem.
You should first look in /var/log/xen/ about the log files (xend.log and qemu-dm-...log), and check your disk = [...] line. Remove you cdrom or any vbd (virtual block device) other than your main boot disk.

Regards,

François